There are many was you can cook the squash whole!
First pierce the squash several times with a sharp knife.
1. Bake about an hour in the oven at 375 F.
2. Microwave 10 to 12 minutes, then let stand for 5 minutes or so afterward to finish steaming.
3. Boil for half an hour or…
i’m about to get hippie on you all. plugin air fresheners (and tons of other stuff) have something called VOC in them. VOC stands for “volatile organic compounds” and they are highly toxic. they are chemicals with a low boiling point.
VOC cause all sorts of problems in your body: infertility (some of you may like that!), headaches, nervous system disorders, memory loss and cancer for both your pet and you…. lots of things.
i was bummed when i learned about this and unplugged mine. being a packrat i couldn’t bring myself to toss it out and thought, maybe i’ll just plug it in for the holidays and poison my loved ones only a few times a year.
then i had a bright idea:
replace the bad stuff with good stuff: essential oils, which are awesome for you and, sometimes a lot cheaper than the liquid cancer bath and body works sells.
here’s how you do it.
Raw Vegan Cherry Cobbler
For video recipe click here!
- 2 Cups Dates
- 1 Large Bag Cherries
- Meat of One Young Coconut
- Quarter Cup of Almonds (Optional)
- Cinnamon (Optional)
This recipe is made in 4 layers.
You will need a food processor and a vitamix.
You will also need a cobbler pan or 1/2 parfait glasses.
- Layer 1: In a food processor, process your dates (pitted) and quarter cup of almonds. If you want it to be fat-free, simply leave out the almonds.
- Press this cobbler into the parfait glass/pan.
- Layer 2: Add on top the slices of pitted cherries and ripe figs.
- Layer 3: Blend 1-2 Cups of your Cherry Slices (pitted) and blend with 1/4 cup of dates.
- Pour this layer onto the mix.
- Layer 4: Blend the meat of the young coconut with the cherry slices, dates, and cinnamon.
- Pour on top of the mix.
- Top with sliced cherries and figs!
- Enjoy immensely!
- 1. By blending fruit and greens, it makes it a whole lot easier and quicker to consume a handful of spinach, kale, chard, lettuce or whatever your green fix is.
- 2. Greens are extremely alkalizing and helps to balance the body’s pH level. If our bodies become acidic, disease follows.
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”